Monday, August 12, 2013

23 Days and Counting

So my VISA came! I was told that it would take fifteen business days to process but it actually only took about six! Hurrah for small miracles, but as far as I can tell some others going to the UK are still waiting for their VISA. I guess my forms just got in at a good time. In any case, the last major headache is done and I am now on a countdown to leaving! In case you are wondering, yes, I am panicking somewhat.

My last day of work is on tomorrow, which is both exciting and upsetting. I love my job and I will miss it terribly. Well...maybe not the Christmas season. That always sucks if you work a retail job.

Right now I am mostly portioning out my time in my last remaining days at home. I am going to start trial packing my suitcase this weekend as well as making sure all my documents are in order and copies of the documents are in a file for my parents. I also need to send copies to TRU so they have them on file as well.

Other things that I need to get done: Stockpile contacts and prescriptions as I can't get them over in the UK. Doctors and Optometrists don't have the authority to write prescriptions that will be filled in other countries unfortunately. You may be asking, why now? You say you have 23 days before you leave, surely you can leave that a bit longer. Well my friends that thinking will get you into all sorts of trouble. Stockpiling of this kind can certain pharmacies/optical centers up to two weeks to fill your order. I was lucky because my pharmacy just got a shipment in with good expiry dates so they gave me the lot I needed, but had they needed to order more in it could have taken a week.

Seriously people, get this stuff together way before you think you need to. That way if you run into snags you have time to correct them.  This whole experience is stressful enough without adding to it by being lazy.

Next time on the blog: Packing! I'm going to actually upload photos of the whole ordeal so you can laugh at me.

No comments:

Post a Comment