Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Hello!

Okay so I'm cheating on this blog entry a bit. It's not wednesday, its late Tuesday night. 11:42pm if you care to know. Why am I up this late? Why am I writing this blog entry now rather than Wednesday when I usually get this thing out? In short, essays. I've got a lot to do when the clock rolls itself over into Wednesday. My goal is to finish the draft part of my big English essay as I have really run out of time to mess about with it any more. I've got another 1,700 words to write so wish me luck!

As far as the past week has been, I haven't really done much. I mentioned at the end of last week's blog that I was going to see David Tennant playing Richard II. I wanted to see the Royal Shakespeare Company production live but tickets sold out so fast it was not to be. Luckily the company broadcasted one nights shows live across the UK and I was able to get a ticket for that one. Was it any good? YOU BET YOUR REAR END IT WAS! It was three hours long (including a 20 minute break) but I didn't feel like I was sitting around waiting for anything to progress. The RSC really knows how to put on a production and David Tennant is just too adorable for words. I highly recommend people see it if they can. The costumes were great, the casting was flawless and the set was gorgeous!

What else has been happening? Not much. Assignments are taking over my life as I said so most of my time is spent trying to keep up. I did have to rattle some chains this past week when it came to registration for next semester's classes. I've been waiting and waiting for some direction about what to do or where to go but nothing happened. There's a rather shocking lack of communication between students and administration here. Some people might say worrying about next semester's classes is a bit premature but it's not. Classes end the first week of December. The two weeks after that are dedicated to handing in final assignments or writing exams. They're all marked during this time and then fed into the system via the administration offices and then everyone leaves for Christmas holiday on December 20th. Want to complicate things even more? Each department (English, History, Theology, Sport etc) has their own administration office. None of these offices communicate with one another so if you're like me and you're straddling two (History and English) you've got to track down answers in two different places. So these offices are about to get swamped and won't have time to give me the information I need in a timely manner if I wait even a week more.

With me so far? Good, moving on.

So last week I tracked down the History admin and asked what I was supposed to do for class registration in semester 2. There was some slight confusion as to why I wasn't registered for classes already but after we stored that out I got a handy dandy time table of all the classes and axed the ones I couldn't take so I was left with a working estimate. Then I did the same with the English department. A bit more complicated there as several classes they were offering were ones I had already completed back at TRU. I made an appointment with my academic advisor for this past Monday and we were able to make a schedule that worked. I then took the courses back to their department of origin and they got me put on the right lists.

To be honest I felt a bit like my Ma, with all that running around and demanding information that should have been provided in the first place. Anyway, it's done and I don't have to worry about it anymore.

On a final note, Chichester is getting ready for the impending holiday season. The giant tree has been put up, though it remains undecorated and the shops have their winter themed window displays. Christmas music I've never heard before is playing in all the shops and the trees ARE FINALLY CHANGING COLOUR AND LOSING THEIR LEAVES! It's beginning to get festive and I can't wait! One month to go until my parents arrive!

This is going to be gorgeous when it's 
decorated!


Cheers guys!!

No comments:

Post a Comment