Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Is It Christmas Yet?

Another Wednesday, another blog post!

So, what's been happening in the land of Fish and Chips? Well for those of you who didn't know already I have FINALLY moved back up to my Havenstoke accommodation! I made the move on Friday morning before class started. It took three hours but it's great to be back in my proper room and have access to things like an oven again. It's also really nice to be back with Evie, Hayley and Harriet. Goodness knows I missed the heck out of them.

On Saturday there was a Christmas party for the international students on the Bognor Regis campus. I ended up in a Jenga war with a nice guy from Bulgaria, a girl from Poland and Eriko, my friend from Japan. Food of a vaguely festive nature was eaten, horrible mulled wine was drank and Santa swung by to give us some goodies. I got a package of something called Dolly Mix. I tried a few pieces but it gets stuck in my teeth and is so sweet it hurts my teeth so I think I'll just stop eating it. Oh well!

Saturday was also the day that the 50th anniversary episode of Doctor Who played. For those unfamiliar with Doctor Who, it's a show about an alien who travels around in a time machine disguised as a 1960s police box. The show has been going since the 1960s, and is a rather big deal. I got hooked on the show in 2011 when my friend Fonda told me about it during German class. I actually ended up seeing the episode twice, once on my computer thanks to the BBC catch up website (I don't have a TV license to watch live) and again on Sunday at the theatre. The anniversary episode was actually filmed in 3D and beamed live across the world. It's not just a British thing anymore! I think the total viewing figures are somewhere around 7.7 million on the Saturday alone.

Chichester is getting more and more dressed up as Christmas gets close. The huge tree is now decorated and they're adding decoration to the buildings now.


Yes, that is a tree stuck to the side of a building. They actually look quite nice! More and more stores are getting window displays up and christmas music is everywhere. There are also a lot of winter related novelties that are popping up in stores. I'll admit I laughed out loud when I saw this one. 


Honestly, how long would it take for you to scrape your car with that thing??? Your car would be iced again by the time you finished!

As far as the imminent end to the semester goes, I'm equal parts excited, homesick and stressed as heck about the whole thing. I need more time to get assignments done but I want time to go faster so I can be on vacation and see my Ma and Dad FINALLY! I know I'll see them soon but still. People are talking about their plans for going home and it makes me a bit sad. I miss friends and family and just Canada in general. 

Well that's all I've got! It'll be a quiet weekend for me as both Harriet and Evie are going on trips. Hayley and I have plans to go on a mate date and see The Hunger Games: Catching Fire in theatres. I just hope I get this damned essay done before then!

No comments:

Post a Comment