Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Let There Be Light!

Hello lovely people!

I totally forgot today is a Wednesday. I don't know why I forgot but there you go, it happened. I think now that it's exam/final essay time my sense of time is just sliding about a bit.

So what's been happening this week? Last Thursday was the tree lighting in the centre of town. I was actually not aware there was THAT many people in Chichester. The place was uncomfortably crowded. I was on my own at this event because my roommates were finishing up assignments. I think the other international girls went as well but I didn't see them in the crowds. There were pictures on Facebook though so I'm glad they saw it. ANYWAY, the tree lighting actually turned out to be a big community event. There were vendors selling things, shops were open later and there was a really great choir of primary school kids and church goers singing christmas carols. It was more traditional churchy carols though, so no Jingle Bells. It's a bit of a shame when you think of it. There's nothing that screams "CHRISTMAS" more than a huge crowd singing Jingle Bells. Well maybe Mariah Carey singing about what she wants for Christmas but the world tends to have a love/hate relationship with that song. How 'bout some pictures? These were all taken on my iPod so the quality is a bit sketchy. Sorry about that!

Ice Giant performers! Really nice people who
would pose if you asked them to. 

These blinky light things were EVERYWHERE!
Free seizure anyone?
There was a HUGE line up to see Santa. 
Unlike Mall Santa lines, the kids were very well
behaved while waiting. Good kiddos!

Carols time! The kids were in their uniforms.
So cute!
This was just part of the crowd checking out
the festivities. It was PACKED!

Mayor of Chichester making a speech
before hitting the big red button.

And they're on! The lights go all the
way down the high street. 

So festive!

Not much else has happened this week. It's the end of classes now, and I've turned in 2 of 4 final assignments. No exams for me this semester! The two essays I turned in were the biggest ones I had to do so I've been relieved to have that out of the way. I still have to do the other two but they're not as big a deal. Well...yes they are but they won't kill me trying to complete them. 

OH! Hayley and I saw The Hunger Games: Catching Fire on Saturday! For those of you who are unfamiliar with The Hunger Games, it's a movie series based on a book series about a future where kids have to kill each other every year in an arena for the amusement of others. Yes, that's disturbing. But very well done. I am unashamed to admit I cried through the whole movie. 

On a lighter not, my lovely friend Alison from back home sent me Lightsaber earrings! I just received them this morning and I've been over the moon about them! 

That's all I've got for this week! Wednesday of next week I plan on going to Portsmouth to do a bit of shopping so the entry might be a bit later than usual. 

ALL MY LOVE TO YOU ALL!

-Kirsten

P.S. 15 days until my parents get here!!!!!!!










No comments:

Post a Comment