Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Final Stretch!

Hey!!

Sorry this blog is coming in later than normal! Hayley and I went shopping today in Portsmouth. We just barely made it onto the train down because we left the house later than we intended, but a bit of running never hurt anyone!

The shopping was mostly for me. I needed a smaller suitcase for travelling over the holidays and into the new year, a dress and some other bits and bobs. I was able to get everything I needed which was awesome! We went shopping at Primark, a very inexpensive department store that's popular over here. Chichester doesn't have one, thus the trip to Portsmouth! It was actually a really nice day for it too. It was frosty in Chichester when we left for the station but Portsmouth was quite warm! I was wearing a sleeveless red dress and a jacket but I was actually too hot in the jacket so I walked with just the sleeveless dress.

A stall at the Christmas market in Portsmouth! 
So much candy! (No I didn't get any.)

My haul. The bag is a lot bigger than
the picture makes it look. 

Hayley and I also grabbed a nice relaxed lunch in town at a place called Yates. It's a chain place but the food is really good and a great price. We were able to get two lunches for about £7 combined. We splurged and got dessert too. It was 2 for 1 so why not? They had rocky road sundaes that were absolutely amazing. My stomach didn't thank me for it though, too much dairy. And yet, I regret NOTHING!

There was about an inch of whipped cream
on the top of that thing. 

As far as class stuff goes, I'm half way through my last essay. I honestly should have started it earlier but oh well. I'll definitely get it done by tomorrow so I'm not that worried about it. Once that gets handed in I'M FREE! 

I've started prepping for my parent's arrival. Ma has started packing stuff so I've let them know the general temperatures to pack for and I've been scouting out places we can go and store times for grocery shopping. On Monday I am going shopping for bits and bobs that Ma and Dad need when they arrive, like breakfast food. I'm counting down the days and getting more and more excited as it gets closer. 

EIGHT DAYS!!!!


1 comment:

  1. and the countdown continues....finish that essay and then you can have a nice relaxed wait....

    ReplyDelete