Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Mid March Already??

Hello!!

Oh my good lord I've been busy this past week. Nothing amazingly interesting, but busy none the less. My readings for class are getting longer and longer as my classes start heading for their end. Most of my classes only have a good five weeks left due to the two week Easter holiday in April. I'm trying my best to keep up but I'm getting a bit swept away in all the information. I know I've mentioned it before but this semester I have two final exams. No dates for the finals have been released yet but I'm hoping when they are released I'll have a day or two separating them. The essay I need to write for my contemporary drama class will be done over the first week of holiday, before I head to Copnhagen. When I get back I'll finish off my short story final and then it'll just be cramming for those two finals. My semester end this time is much more relaxed feeling than December. Maybe that's because my time management is better. Or the lack of multiple massive papers to write.

I don't know if anyone has been checking out the exchange rates in different countries recently, but the Canadian dollar is now $1.90 to every pound. Cue panic. Seriously, expenses are cropping up all over the place and the increasingly crap exchange rate is not helping me. When I came here in September it was $1.60 to the pound. Agh!! Oh well, nothing I can do to change it. I'm trying to scrimp and save where I can (no Cardiff for me) but if the exchange rate hits $2.00 per pound I am going to cry.

On a happier note, I'm headed off to Bath on Saturday! Yes there will be pictures on next Wednesday's post. I'm hoping the nicer weather we've been getting holds out for Saturday. It was 18 here on Sunday! I'm debating on whether or not I should get a pair of shorts. I didn't bring much in the way of warm weather apparel. Maybe a trip to Primark is in order. I can probably find shorts for a fiver AND a new purse, seeing as mine just kicked the bucket.

What else is news? Oh! Chichester wants me to write a few blog-ish entries about why people should study abroad for their website. If anyone is interested in reading what I post there I can stick the links on here when I start posting things. Blog-ception. (If you don't get that pop culture reference, don't worry. Google Inception.) Apparently if we post a certain number of blogs we are rewarded with gift cards. If we can request the kind of cards we get, I'm asking for Starbucks. It's been too long since my last chai tea.

Okay this nonsensical post is getting out of hand. I feel like Seinfeld these days. My blog is about nothing. Maybe I should start posting deep thoughts on the nature of study abroad and how my life has been forever altered...or I can just write whatever pops into my head and keep the family updated with my day to day goings on. Who knows.

Wherever you are I hope you're well! Love you all lots!

Cheers,
-Kirsten

P.S. Grandma, if you're still reading this blog, there are SO MANY FLOWERS that are in full bloom over here! I bet you'd love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment