Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Is It Bedtime Yet?

Hello!

So if you're a university student, there are three phrases that rule your life. 1.) I'm Hungry. 2.) I'm Tired. 3.) I'm Busy. This past week I have been thoroughly courting number two. I caught myself a lovely cold so my energy levels have been in the negatives. Oh well. I've said it before and I'll say it again. Universities are germ farms. All of my roommates have been sick now. Harriet is much better but Hayley and Evie were both knocked with something or another and so we're a rather sad looking bunch.

My cold has not kept me from exploring more of England however. Last Friday I made my way up to Brighton with Harriet for a day of shopping. I bought myself a new bag that I've been looking at since October, so I'd count the trip as successful. I did see a pair of shoes I wanted as well but the price tag kept them on the shelf and off my feet. If only I could win the lottery right? Harriet and I took in some sights when we finished our shopping, heading up to the Brighton Pier. I didn't know about it but apparently it's famous. It's basically a small carnival out on the pier. It wasn't well populated the day we went due to strong winds and flooding that's been happening in the area but I bet in the summer it's packed.

In class news, things are getting to the end. I think most of my classes only have two more lectures to go before finishing up. Thanks to the Easter holiday we have this weird split that confuses the heck out of me. If they just had a long weekend like we get in Canada, then their school year could end in April rather than May. But I don't make the rules so a two week holiday it is. I'm REALLY looking forward to Copenhagen with Kenna. I need some time to breathe and relax and see someone familiar. It's hard being away from friends and family for so long. Some days I don't notice it much but as I get closer and closer to heading home I realize just how long it's been since I saw someone from home.

On a brighter note, I'm heading off tonight to see the new Captain America movie with Nikki (next door neighbour and friend). In a strange turn of events, the UK got it in theatres before Canada and the USA! Don't worry I won't post spoilers on Facebook or anything. I'll just gloat that I've seen it a bit.

That's all I've got guys! Enjoy a picture of the Havenstoke Fox.

Cheers,

-Kirsten

No comments:

Post a Comment