Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Easter Break

Hello!

It's Easter Break! Two whole weeks of vacation! I'm not used to having a break of this length this time if year. Back at TRU, it's final exam time then summer break kicks in. It came as no surprised that a number of sudents, especially first years, have gone home to visit family. However I was super surprised to find out just as many have decided to stay on campus. The library has been busy when I've gone in to do research for my essay. By the look of them it's mostly third year students getting work done for their dissertations, which are due in a few weeks time. I'm guessing in addition, some of them are going on the sports trip to Spain that leaves on Saturday. Since there's only a week of class after break, some people thought heading home now was easily skipped. If I had the option I think I would've headed home to visit. But getting a final essay completed and going to Denmark are a pretty good second choice. :)

In other news, have I told you guys I've become quite good at bleaching grout? My roommates and I have started long haul cleaning projects that need to get done before we all leave for the summer. The shower grout is one such project. There are still a few spots that need more scrubbing but overall it's looking pretty good! The accommodation staff have been on an inspecting binge, sometimes visiting twice a week, even when we pass the first general inspection. Since I'm the only one around this week, I'm going to have to make sure to give the place a good scrubbing before I leave, as I suspect they'll be by on Monday when I'm in gone.

The weather over here has been a mixed bag of rainy & cold then sunny & warm for the last two weeks or so. All in all, general spring weather with lots of flowers. The flower gardens in parks are in full bloom, but a lot of the trees are just starting to bud so it looks a bit odd in my opinion. The greenery does make for nice walks when the weather is nice though. Also, the main roads up to the university are being repaved so you can cross them without feeling like you're in a game of Frogger.

That's all I've got for this week. Remember I won't be posting next Wednesday, but I will be back for April 23rd!

Take care everyone!

-Kirsten


No comments:

Post a Comment