Wednesday, April 30, 2014

How Is it ALREADY May???

Hello!!

Okay, so it's not May yet. It's the last day of April all day so I can calm down a bit and ignore my impending final exams like any good student. I'd like to say I've been productive over my revision week, and in a lot of ways I have. I got my hotel for May 17th all sorted out and I've got my schedule for Fall and Winter semesters at TRU mostly blocked out. I talked to the English and History departments so they know where to send my final essays and exams over the summer, and Registration knows where to send my transcripts when they're released. My room has been cleaned and my nails are wonderfully clipped and buffed.

Oh wait, am I supposed to be doing class work too? Well I finished the story part of my short story final. Problem is, I HATE IT! Honesty it's awful. But since the thing is due next Tuesday, along with a 700 word commentary piece on the process of writing it, I really don't have time to scrap it and start again. Cue me banging my head repeatedly against my desk in frustration. I had a meeting with my seminar tutor and she helped me fix some parts of the story but I'm still not that happy with it. Oh well. I still have to write the commentary but at least the bulk of the assignment is done. On a more positive note, my exam revision sheets are going fine! The readings are just as boring as I remember them being the first time but I'm mostly skimming for the important bits at this point. I'm hoping by writing out these sheets a few times each I'll retain some of the information I need to pass. Fingers crossed!

In non-class related news, I return to Canada in 18 days! It's both exciting and sad! I love Chichester. The city is beautiful and I like that I can walk wherever I want in no time at all. I love the British train system as well, because day trips are affordable and fast. I love toffee apple cider. I love all the flowers and green trees. I'm not a huge fan of the near constant rain and wet cold. Give me Kamloops cook-your-skin heat any day. But then again, Kamloops doesn't really have this kind of view in the spring/summer.

Greylingwell Park, next to my housing. This 
was taken at about 7pm.

These blossoms are gorgeous, fragrant and
allergy inducing.

Let me tell you, when the trees decide to bloom over here, they BLOOM. In the space of about two weeks the park has gone from spindly trees to full on leafy gorgeousness. I love walking around the Greylingwell Park area when the weather is nice. Speaking of nice weather, this weekend is supposed to be light on rain so on Saturday I'm heading to Portsmouth for a quick shopping trip. I need to get a pair of shoes for Summer Ball (fancy end of year party hosted by the student union) and a few other items to take home with me. 

I hope you're all well! I'm sure next week I'll be in fine stressed form, as I prepare for my final exams!

Cheers,

-Kirsten

No comments:

Post a Comment