Wednesday, October 2, 2013

The Road So Far

Hello again!

So this past week has been rather quiet as far as news goes. The roommates survived their first week and much of their second so kudos to them! As a sort of celebration/I need to bake something moment, I made a chocolate cake of special magnificence on Sunday night that was devoured rather quickly and enjoyed quite a lot. I'm quite proud of that cake. Of course since I needed to buy baking ingredients my grocery shop was painfully expensive. At least I have baking basics now! I think I'm going to make muffins next.

From left: Hayley, Evie, 
Myself (and the cake), Harriet

As far as class goes, my first year history module should be interesting. It'll basically be a class about films showing the cultural identity of France and America. An excuse to watch movies? Yes please! The creative writing class will be annoying at best. It's poetry and I really don't like writing (or analyzing) poetry. One of the major poems we have to work on all semester is called "The Year I Was Born". I'm sorry but 1993 was a bit of a boring year for the world. If anyone has any interesting info about 1993, please let me know either by email or in the comment section below.

All in all, I made it through the hardest part I think. September was tough but it's done and October is underway. I'm starting to know where to go and what to do to get stuff done, and my routine is pretty much down. I'm also in a solid running schedule and I actually look forward to my runs around Graylingwell Park. It's hard to get out of bed for it but once I'm out it's a good time to shut off my brain and just move. I need to find a good stretch for my hip though, it's been a bit sore for the past few days. 

Friday is my Dad's birthday and it's the first one I'm going to miss celebrating! Quite sad about that. I do plan on Facetiming in the morning so I can say a quick Happy Birthday before he heads to work but still, I wish I could be there to make a cake (or trifle, or pie) and celebrate properly. It'll have to wait until Christmas. 

As a last note, I am sending out another round of post cards soon but I have yet to track down the right cards for the right people. Maybe this weekend I can do a good hunt in town and find something good!

Much love to all of you! 

1 comment:

  1. Great post. So glad you're settling into a routine and have a beautiful English park to run in. Looking forward to FaceTiming with you! Feel free to bake me a trifle and eat it yourself. You run, right?

    ReplyDelete